Vision and Values
We see our church as:
- God’s heart becoming flesh in us – transformation
- God’s message spoken though us, prophetic and contemporary
- Growing faith in Jesus in everyone
- A friendly inviting community
- A family of families and a community of communities
- A Team Together extending God’s kingdom – a dream of the church united in essentials, free in non-essentials and loving in all things, so that the world might believe and Christ’s community might come
- Strategic and significant
The world at its worst calls for the church at its best
We devote wholeheartedly (Acts 2:36-47):
- Faith – nothing is Impossible with God – big dreams and expectations!
- Spirit – [By my Spirit says the Lord, Zechariah 4:6-10]
- Word of grace – we seek wisdom from God that brings life; mercy triumphing over judgement
- Transformation – growth and change, repentance and faith, in the grace and mercy of God
To His Church
- Together – we grow in relating to others as God relates to us!
- We gather in the large to worship and receive preaching of the word, we gather in the small to share, to pray and to know one another and grow together
- We gather because we believe that church is God’s plan for the fulfilling of his purpose and that each of us will find our fullness in Christ in the church. (Ephesians 1:22-23, 3:6, 20-21, 4:11-16)
- Our picture of community in Christ is a commanding call not a controlling command
- We recognise and honour God given leaders (apostles teaching). Our core leadership value is: We lead others as God leads us.
- We choose to sit on the bench when we see a need to grow an area of brokenness in our lives; we support our team from the sidelines until we are healed enough to get back in the game. We are not afraid or judgemental of mistakes, failure, or sin; but we will hold one another responsible to admit our failure and sins asking God and one another for mercy and grace that forgives and empowers. (Hebrews 4:16)
- We see and honour the complete church of Jesus Christ in our City, Nation, and World
To His Cause
- Giving – “freely, freely, we receive; freely, freely, we give”
- Responsibility – when the work begins in me, it begins! When it ends in me, it ends!
- Growth – “the Lord adds to our number (Acts 2:47)
- Community – a covenant people on Jesus kingdom mission!
- We are each gifted, anointed craftsmen , and have a part to play a creative work to do (Ephesians 2:10)
- Every part of our church must ignite, stir and grow active faith in the gospel of JESUS CHRIST in someone